SPECIAL FEATURES OF BORYEONG MUD FESTIVAL
The largest world summer festival held annually in July – it is an experience-based festival where everyone can enjoy the festival as one regardless of nationality, race, language, and age.
- The largest foreigner-participating festival in Korea.
- Selected as ‘Korea Representative Festival ’from 2008 to 2010 at the National Festival Evaluation and was appointed as “Korea’s honorable representative festival” from 2011 to 2014.
- Representative memory of Korea. An experience-based well-being festival where people can enjoy various events such as free mud massage using mud powder.
- Special events such as marine corps styled mudflat- extreme- experience and mudflat obstacle marathon held at the nearby mudflat of Daecheon Beach.
- Various events both day and night such as the City Tour service around the main attractions of Boryeong.
- Possible to enjoy sea-bathing at Daecheon beach which boasts of its white sand with shells while enjoying the festival at the same time (size of the white sandy beach: length: 3.5km, width 200m)
- Located 2 hours away from the capital and easily accessible anywhere in the country thanks to the convenient public transportation.
- Designated as “Republic of Korea Global Foster Festival” in 2015 to 2017 by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
HISTORY OF INTERNATIONAL FESTIVALS AND EVENTS ASSOCIATION AWARDS
- 2016 Grand Prize and Festival Directing Award in Republic of Korea Festival Contents
- 2015 Make global luxury Grand prize in Global Luxury Award
- 2015 Grand Prize in Republic of Korea Festival Contents
- 2014 Gold (5), Silver (2), Bronze (2) in International Festivals and Event Association (IFEA) World
- 2014 Award of Excellence in Festival (Safety Administration, Seoul Newspaper) in Republic of Korea Regional Brand
- 2013 Grand prize in Republic of Korea Festival Contents
- 2012 Gold (3), Silver (1) in International Festivals and Event Association
- 2011 Gold (1) / program, Silver (3) / poster, invitation, festival mascot products in International Festivals and Event Association
- 2010 Gold (2), Bronze (2), appointed as World’s festival city in International Festivals and Event Association
- 2009 Gold (2), Bronze (1) in International Festivals and Event Association (IFEA)
- 2007 Gold (2), Silver (1), Bronze (1) in International Festivals and Event Association (IFEA)
- 2006, 2007 Selected as Best festival by Ministry of Sports, Culture and Tourism
- 2007 1st prize in the 4th Korea Local Government Management Competition (Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs, Korea Times)
- 2006 Grand prize given to [ Mudrang Cosmetics ] in Korea Excellent Specialty Product (Korea Times)