The Characteristics and Pride of Boryeong Mud Festival
From the moment you take part in the summer festival which is the largest festival held annually in July of the global village, it is a joyful experience that allows everyone to participate in without distinction of nationality, race, language, age, etc.
- It is the largest foreigner-participating festival in Korea.
- Selected as‘Korea Representative Festival ’in 2008, 2009, 2010 respectively. From the year of 2011 to now, it has been selected as Appointed as the ‘Korea Honorable and Representative Festival’ ‘Best Festival in Korea’in 2006 and the following year by the Ministry of Culture Tourism. The consecutive 3 years from 2008 to 2010, it was selected as the Republic of Korean representative festival
- known memorable, well-being festival in Korea which takes the form of an experience themed festival where people apply mud on their body and throwing themselves on the mud
- Mudflat extreme experience like marine training, mudflat marathon etc. such special events carry on.
- In the main sights of Boryeong, City Tour etc.carries on, various connected and night events are hold.
- The shell-shaped white sands of Daechon Beach allows visitors to enjoy both the water and the mud. (white sands area: length-3.5km, width 200m)
- 2-hour drive from the urban areas and convenient transportation from countrywide allows easy-access to the location.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism designated 2015 the name "Republic of Korea Global foster Festival"
International Festivals and Events Association Awards History
- 2014 International Festivals and Event Association Best Prize (2), Silver Award (1) Excellent Award (1), Encouragement Award (1) awarded (IFEA)
- 2014 Republic of Korea Regional Brand Award of Excellence in Festival (Safety Administration, Seoul Newspaper)
- 2013, 1st Republic of Korea Contents Awards
- 2012 International Festivals and Event Association
- 2011 International Festivals and Event Association -Gold Award (1)/Programming category, Silver Award (3)/Poster, Invitation, Festival Character Product
- 2010 International Festivals and Event Association Gold Award (2), Bronze Award (2) awarded, designed a world festival city
- 2009 International Festivals and Event Association Gold Award (2), Bronze Award(1) awarded (IFEA)
- 2007 International Festivals and Event Association Gold Award (2), Silver Award (1) Bronze Award (1) awarded (IFEA)
- 2007 The 4th Korea Local Government Fair Best Prize awarded (Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs, Korea Times)
- 2006, 2007 Ministry of Sports, Culture and Tourism selected as the Best Festival
- 2006 Korea Excellent Specialty Product Grand Prize (Korea Times)